Monday, July 28, 2008

Chemo 5 (Round 2)

Today was a slightly easier chemo day with no Carboplatin. Russ and Diana were with me and Mary was her usual wonderful self.I felt a little better and my blood work looked good. So this week hopefully the Gemzar won't knock the crap out of me. The face situation has improved and almost stayed the same. Blemishes. What else can I say! Oh yea. I have "thrush" (in my throat). No, not some kind of bird. But some kind of infection in my throat (or something like that). It's a bit uncomfortable but the stuff they gave me should clear it up. It was caused by the anti-biotic and not me frolicking with some tart. One more thing. I didn't loose any weight. Thanks Di and Russ. But here is some weird bit of info. Sorry it has to be in Kilos. When I went in for the treatment I weighed 58.3 kilos (yea, I know it's light!!!). But on the way out I weighed in at a whopping 60.1 kilos. Nearly 2 kilos of chemo??? Oh shit.

Swim in the afternoon, dinner with the gang and then silly shows on TV. I feel OK to good.

3 comments:

  1. Adrian,
    It sounds as if it is business as usual. I want to know if you tried illuminating the pool when you had nearly 2 kilos in you? Look forward to seeing back around UPS. We seem to be flying more in the states now so hopefully we will cross soon.
    Cheers, Pat in AK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ade! I'm happy to hear you feel "ok to good." That's really a statement that belongs in the "plus column!" You sound pretty good, too. The deal about your weight? Now, that I can't figure! Hope the thrush resolves soon. I don't think that's an uncommon side effect of the meds. Keep on swimming and making the most of each day. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Adrian,

    I wrote on your blog last week and I guess it didn't get posted. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

    I thought about you every time I looked up at the big blue skies of Bulawayo. I can hardly believe that it's almost 1 year since you took me flying. I never told you this but I am a very nervous passenger in small aircraft. With you as my pilot I was completely relaxed, confident and excited. I can never forget how magnificent the Matopos looked when we flew over. What a fantstic perspective. It was exhilarating.
    Ilan was really surprised that I agreed to go up with you so willingly! It was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life.
    I am waiting patiently for you to have a complete recovery so we can take that ride in the sky again over the magnificent big blue skies of Bulawayo.

    9 Bucknall Place is waiting for you...hurry up!
    Hugs and prayers,

    Robin

    ReplyDelete