Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Zim visitor


This morning a very good friend (Hylton "Silvi" Solomon) arrived from Zimbabwe to visit with me. Having been traveling for 32 hours he was surprisingly awake and "compis mentice". We started catching up on the goings on currently in Zimbabwe as he owns and runs a supermarket in our home town of Bulawayo. He tried to explain the inflation rate of millions of percent to us. Huh! Did not comprehend!!! Spent the rest of the day catching up on all the news from Zimbabwe and Sylvie tagged along with me while I did all the usual chores! Dropped by Di's office,had lunch down the road which I managed very well! I am constantly bombarded with food in little bowls...does that mean they are trying to make me gain weight!?

I needed to get my shot done (the white cell helper) and so I was able to introduce Sylvie to Mary and some of the team and he was able to see the infusion center. Afterwards we all lazed at the pool...what a life hey! Sylvie was the guest of honour at a prominent Baltimorian fund raiser so we deposited him at their home and came home to relax and have dinner.

My evenings are quite routine,being the creature of habit that I am, but it's always good to watch the usual programmes with more people.I must add that I am actually feeling good! Let's hope the sleep measures up!

No comments:

Post a Comment