Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Chemo 3 (Round 2)

Finally back with Mary for the chemo infusions. It was good to see her again as she was away on vacation. We met with Dr. Erlich prior to the treatment to discuss a number of concerns and issues. All our questions and concerns were answered. Today I am only getting Erbetux so the week ahead should be somewhat easier (I hope). Physically I feel a bit better but my weight is still way down. My appetite is not what it was but hopefully it will come back. This may be due to the new meds. I am continuing to get the emotional support I need and hopefully will start to see improvement in the not too distant future.

Diana and the kids are wonderful and supportive as usual and Max never leaves me alone. It's a bit of a pain as when I am trying to get an afternoon nap he needs to lie next to me. When he decides to scratch himself it feels like a minor 2.0 earthquake! Yea, I know, kick him off the bed. My Mom and Sisters continue to be amazingly supportive. I have never seen so much of them as over the past few months. I love it.

3 comments:

  1. If Max is a 2.0 quake, what's Luca? I take back my last post -- see you next week! And I have a present for you that I stole from my office! Love lillith sternamen (spelling??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evening, Ade-
    Nice to see your face on the blog. No, I don't mean the photo from the other day, but-----it was nice to "see" you then! Ok, it seems like you are covering all the bases, treating your bod and your mind--they are interconnected! Hope the appetite begins to pick up, but give it time.
    I can't blame Max for waiting to hang with ya all the time. We have two dogs; they just wanna be with the "pack." You're the alpha dog, so whaddya expect! I know you probably don't wanna throw him off the bed. I understand.
    Keep on truckin,' Ade. One day at a time. Better days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning, Adrian!
    Just wanted to check in and say "hi." It's gonna be a steamer here today in Boston. Hope you can keep cool!

    ReplyDelete