Monday, July 14, 2008

Our Gaithersberg visit

Today we met with a Psychologist by the name of Dr. Rick Levy (no, not my cousin). His practice is in Gaithersberg, Maryland. About an hour from us towards Washington. You can Google him. He is quite famous. It was quite an amazing meeting. I am looking forward to a number of meetings with him to help me help myself heal. I now understand that a big part of any recovery is of course conventional medicine but combine that with mind body healing and you have the whole package! We are quite excited about all this.



The conventional treatments plug along. Tomorrow is week 3 of the 6 week chemo course. But I am hoping for an easy day as I am only getting Erbetux tomorrow. When we started the Erbetux over 2 weeks ago we were told that I would more than likely develop a rash on my back, chest and face. The worse the rash the better the response to the drug. Well, nothing on the back or chest but a definite outbreak on the face. It's bloody ugly and looks like I'm back at Milton School in Bulawayo dealing once again with teenage acne. Please look at the picture below on an empty stomach. I accept no responsibility for any one's reaction. Hey, I still have my hair (for now)!






What did you expect, George Clooney! Let the comments fly. I have thick "SKIN".

11 comments:

  1. Adrian,
    In case you have not noticed you have been in a six month long car wreck and if a few pimples are all you have to show for it you are doing pretty damn good. You could make some money off this as well. Combined with the stubble practice your "Here's Johnny" and you could stand in for Jack Nicholson in The Shining. Stay strong. Oops, the sun is out in Alaska so I have to run outside.
    Cheers, Pat in AK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ade, what are you talking about? You look great! Can't wait to see you this week!!!!
    Love, lillith (the other one)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrian
    Now you look like your company ID photo.
    Don't let Dr Levy change you to much, I like you the way you are. .

    Bob P

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Mornin'Ade-
    Great to hear from you out there. Sounds like you had a great session with the Big Macher Doc. I will google him to see what it's all about.
    Hey, you look pretty damn good. I braced myself (having already had my steel cut Irish oats this am), and I was pleasantly surprised. But, it is good news if you say it's a pretty bad rash since that correlates to the "attack" factor.
    Keep your spirits up and keep on plugging. Great that you are already on 3/6 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ade:

    Great seeing you this weekend. Lifted my spirits just to see you, talk with you, and hassle Max! And good for you for posting the image. It shows your community what you're dealing with...and shows that you've got steel in your spine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SKINNY...YOU AND TRAPPLER COULD BE TWINS

    STAN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adrian,

    Picture isn't too bad - looks like you just had a bad crew meal - or one too many!

    There haven't been too many photos, but I notice that you never stop smiling. I remember that about you.

    Keep plugging - we've got a date in Seattle next time you're in. Weather's been spectacular - hurry up and get better!

    Cheers,
    Gord

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adrian,
    Good to see your "mug". I will try to figure out your blog stuff. Apparently, you seem to be still kicking and doing well, from the neck down.
    Love ya old friend,

    Jerry Maddox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ade....Just to let you know I am thinking of you and follow your progress. I am looking forward to sharing the cockoit again and doing the requal......Hang in there pal......
    Bob Hamilton

    ReplyDelete