Sunday, June 1, 2008

Friday & Weekend Update

I know that I am explaining this in a very round about convoluted way but I do feel that I have reached the bottom and things seem to be improving.

There has been a slight improvement in the swallowing department. I am still pretty much reliant on the Carnations and the other nutritional drinks. I am trying different foods and seeing what I can tolerate. Some I can handle in small amounts. Other stuff, that hurts right now, I avoid.

We have a busy week coming up. On Tuesday I meet with Dr. Brenner. We will discuss the radiation effects and where I am with the recovery. On Wednesday I go to the infusion center for round 6 of the Avastin treatments. We will also discuss what to expect in the coming weeks with regards the oncology side of the equation.

Robyn comes home on Wednesday from her Europe trip. Sounds like she has had an incredible time. On Thursday My uncle Hchie (Hymie) aunt Joan (Donut) and cousin Jennifer (Jones) are coming to spend a few days with us. I am really looking forward to seeing them all.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, Ade! Just the news I was hoping for! Super glad to hear that you are noticing an improvement, albeit, slight. Sounds like things are beginning to go in the right direction. It's great that Robyn is coming home this week, and other family members will be arriving, too. Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will show you even greater gains--small though they may be. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good news to hear. Any improvement...however slight...is a move in the right direction. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skin, GREAT to hear of an improvement! Only better every day now. All the best tomorrow. Yoda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Adrian. Just checking in on you and hoping you are doing ok. I'm sure you are looking forward to Rob coming home today! Making sure you know that you are always on my radar screen! Wishing you a good day!

    ReplyDelete