Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday Dr. Appointment

Sorry about the tardiness with regards writing and adding to my blog. Our Internet connection and home network has been intermittently broken.

I did not go for the bronchoscopy like procedure today as I could not get an appointment set up. They would have had me come in and wait to see if an appointment would become available and I elected to wait till next week. Let me explain why. I actually have started to see some improvement in the swallowing problem. I am now able to eat most things. I just have to chase the food down pretty quickly with water and the pain subsides quickly.

I also understand what "withdrawal" feels like. This morning I woke up and really did not feel well at all. I started to feel progressively worse and then realised that my pain patch (Fentenol) had come off. After a short nap and new patch I felt a hell of a lot better.

It has been really great having my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin visit with us from Toronto. Good meals now that I am playing food catch up. More later.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Adrian and your wonderful family and friends - I have just been introduced to your blog and read and scanned back to March - wow! what a journey and what an insightful and inspiring journal. Your great friends Tickey and Jack have kept me informed and we have spoken a few times but this blog, detailing your gut-wrenching determination and support, puts a lot of things in perspective. It is wonderful to learn that at this stage you are starting to "lift off at last". You must feel you have been on the longest-ever taxi down the runway but its got to be sunny and calm skies ahead (Bambazonkie here we come!!). Your focused, diligent, rational and positive nature just oozes through this blog and is no doubt the fundamental reason why you will be with your flying buddies, in the cockpit, in double quick time. I look forward to hearing tales of feasts and fine cuisine and mundane normality free of your therapy regime and recovery - GO SKIN!!!
    love - Father Davis and family
    p.s. if duplicate - ignore - trying to learn the blog system

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ade! The news from you is HUGE! Glad to hear that you are seeing such an improvement in your ability to eat! That's major!!! I was relieved to hear that the reason you started to feel so lousy was bc of the patch falling off. Easily resolved, thank goodness. I am greatly encouraged by all your news. I hope you are feeling encouraged as well. Have a great Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrian,
    I figure a dose of continuous football action from Euro 2008 is what is making you feel better. Glad to hear things are on the upswing and I am looking forward to you not needing to keep people up to date on your health very soon. Send some heat our way. Rumor is that we might break 65F here next week. Stay strong my friend,
    Cheers, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. So now you're starting to feel better and your Internet connection is sick? Go figure...

    Awesome news about your improvements. Keep letting us know. And interesting observation on why you felt sick yesterday.

    ReplyDelete