Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Appointment with Dr. Brenner

Let me describe the swallowing. I can chew and swallow anything. But within seconds of actually swallowing things I get really bad pain in the center of my upper chest (oesophagus). There has been some slight improvement. But very slight.

I met this morning with Dr. Brenner and he was somewhat surprised that I was still having so much pain with swallowing. This after two and a half weeks since the completion of the radiation treatments. He was not concerned at all about something bad going on in my oesophagus. He also mentioned that if I am having this much pain can you imagine what the cancer cells are going through. Hopefully a very positive death!!! What a strange statement.

He has arranged for me to have something similar to a bronchoscopy. Hopefully Dr. Skaryak will do the procedure this Friday. It will be an out-patient procedure with mild sedation. Whoopee. Dr. Brenner believes that I am still suffering from radiation burn or I may have some ulcers in the oesophagus. Dr. Skaryak will be able to tell us. I will keep you all informed.

In the meantime Rob arrives home from her European vacation this afternoon. It will be good to see her and see all the pictures and hear the stories.

I have another ZW$ note to show you courtesy of Ilan. ZW$500,000,000. As of this very second it's worth US$0.40. Ask me it's worth tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I take Dr. Brenner's point about how the bad cells are getting POUNDED by the radiation. I'm sure it's frustrating that improvements in swallowing have been slow, but hopefully (soon!) you'll reach that day where things are much improved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Adrian. I wrote last night, but somehow my message isn't here. It seems this happens sometimes........
    Anyway, I am encouraged by Dr. Brenner's explanation about the radiation and its attack on the cancer cells. I'm sure you are, too. I am hopeful that you will gradually see the swallowing difficulty fade away, day by day. Happy to know that Robyn is back home--that should be a great diversion for you! Thinking of you, Ade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. waiting to hear the outcome of the bronchial story...hope all goes well...love to the levy family especially fish...make sure she doesn't run off with your cutlery

    stan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Ade.
    Just checking in before I call it a night. Hope today was a decent day for you--perhaps a bit better? Have a good night!
    Best regards--

    ReplyDelete