Friday, April 18, 2008

Radiation Round 18


Today Rob came with me to radiation round 18. It was really important for her to see exactly what goes on everyday with me. She met Dr. Brenner and the xray techs gave her a really cool tour while I was having the treatment. It was quick and painless. It's just the cumulative effects on my swallowing that is still tough to deal with.


We then went over to the infusion center in the hospital. Again, she got to see where I go every week. She got to meet Mary and also Brittany (one of Dr. Erlich's PA's). All in all, I think it was a really good thing for her. I know it must be really tough on her being away from us at school.


Not to take anything away from Mike. But being at home with us and seeing me every day probably helps him a lot. I'm sure my incessant nagging shows him that I'm still the same Dad, in spite of all this.

2 comments: