Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Radiation Round 16 Chemo Round 4




What person in their right mind looks forward to Chemotherapy? Me.

Radiation round 16 was a bit slow today as they had to reboot the xray computer a couple of times. Must be Windows! I had a nice chat with this fellow radiation patient who has stage 4 lung cancer. Believe it or not, she has still not totally quit smoking. Wow!

I went to chemo about 20 minutes late today. You have no idea how much these two following things make such a positive difference to me. The fact that Mary was my nurse and the room/cubicle was the same one as last week was all I needed to see. The treatments went well and I came out of there feeling really good. We discussed the throat and swallowing issues with the nurses and I am now on a pain patch and some other meds to help with this. The weather is simply magnificent. It adds to the whole positive mixture.

My mom got to meet the whole medical team. All of them. She, like us, was totally blown away.

2 comments:

  1. Now I understand what "hooking up" means. Looks like you're totally hooked up. Hope the pain patch helps your throat because the swallowing issue definitely sounds like a pain the ass.

    And who's snapping these photos? I think you need to credit your photog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But did Bobba give my number as well as Han's and Robyn's to the young male doctors to put us up for marriage sale? That is the real question.

    ReplyDelete