Friday, March 28, 2008

Radiation Round 3 - Oops

Got a reprieve from the Governor. Round 3 has been postponed as the machine is TU (flying vernacular for Tits Up). Hopefully they will call and reschedule me for later today. My Radiation Oncologist has told me that there is no problem with missing a day or two. As much as I want to keep moving steadily forward with this I should expect days like this. Who knows, maybe towards the later part of the treatments I will actually look forward to a break ......or not!!!

Wow, what energy. I swear as I was typing this they just called to tell me the machine is working and I am rescheduled for 12:15pm. Is that weird or what?

What a person has to do this day and age to get free hospital parking is ridiculous. Lung cancer, however, qualifies. Had a bit of a wait for radiation treatment as there were a few people ahead of me. I got talking to this delightful elderly lady who was diagnosed with lung cancer in October 2007 and after 4 chemos and 50 radiations she is now cancer free. She was a former smoker! Encouraging to say the least.

Russ treated us to lunch at a cool burger joint in Towson. Between her and Diana I sometimes feel like those pate foi de gras ducks. Food stuffed down my gullet continuously. Like I said before, "those that eat well, do well". I should be doing bloody well.

No comments:

Post a Comment