Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Aahh the fun begins!


This morning I went for the "final measurements" for my radiation treatment, and I swear the outline they drew on my chest looks like a map of Africa on it's side. Coincidentally my right nipple is about where Zimbabwe should be. I thought that I would be getting a treatment today but it will be starting tomorrow (March 26th). I have a standing appointment Monday through Friday at 9:15am. Weekends off. How cool! This will go on for 7 weeks. The treatments should take about 15-20 minutes with the actual "bombing" taking about 2 minutes. It's supposed to be painless, but I'll let you know! As for the side effects.............well, I'll let you know as well.

Tomorrow I start the chemotherapy treatment in conjunction with the radiation. I will find out then what exactly will be involved with the chemo.

We celebrated the day by going for a good Chinese lunch at Szechuan House; Russ, Diana, Mike and I. A quick bit of shopping, and then off home to have the obligatory afternoon nap. A short walk in the forest (on my new wood chip path) with Russ and Max put me in good shape for the nap.

Our good friend Annie stopped by with a ton of food.

Diana is doing the BBQ tonight: Buffalo burgers from Trader Joe's. Whoopee.

2 comments:

  1. nice pecs,

    Mike (your 2nd favorite son)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you mentally rotate the picture 90 degrees to the left you will notice that the left nipple is in fact Baghdad.

    ReplyDelete