Ade and I met with Dr. Alexander Drilon and Nurse Practioner Claire Moran from 10:30-11:40 today.
Here is a recap of what was discussed.
Executive summary: Cancer didn't grow. Adrian resumes Cabo meds today..
Dr. Drilon reviewed the results of yesterday's catscan.
- "Your labs look good to me. The scan doesn't look any different."
- "The cancer looks stable."
On Cabo resumption:
- Begin today (Ade took one at 12:15 today)
- Keep at same dose: 60 mg. If he experiences any negative side effects, they will reduce to 40 mg.
- Ade needs to report any new negative symptoms.
- Begin keeping diary of daily usage.
- Hand in old diary at next visit (October 29)
On the cause of gall bladder infection:
- "The pill (Cabo) didn't cause the infection. We can't say that it's impossible, but the likelihood is very low."
On Adrian's depression:
- "We need to get your mood under control." (This was the first thing he said upon entering the room.)
- "The mood more than anything needs to be worked on."
- We collectively deferred against seeing head doc Dr. Key but they are making an appointment for Ade to see him the beginning of next week. Ade agreed to the appointment.
- Next appointment: October 29 AFTER meeting with Dr. Simon (he's the one who hopefully will OK the removal of the drainage tube on the morning of October 29).
- Ade should use the spirometer (sp?) 2-4 times a day to improve breathing.
Conversation with Nurse Moran (more extensive than discussion with Dr. Drilon):
- Ade admitted he was "absolutely fatigued"
- He said he head and back caused him pain yesterday.
- He said he suffered a bit of vomiting....nothing major....and he controls with meds
- He reported no mouth sores, numbness or tingling in limbs, or blistering on palms of hands or feet.
- Weight: 146 pounds
- Ade reported some shortness of breath
- White blood count "looks goods"
KEY UPCOMING DATES
- Week of Oct.: 20 Appointment with Dr. Key (they will alert us to exact day and time....if it's Monday or Tuesday, I can take Ade)
- Morning of Oct. 29: Dr. Simon
- Afternoon of Oct. 29: Dr. Drilon (they will alert us to exact time)