Thursday, August 12, 2010

My inner workings

Just to catch you up on the latest inner workings of Count Rastus Pushkin (that's me). It appears that I will more than likely have to go back on the chemo and biological therapy (Alimta and Avastin) starting August 30th. Without getting too technical it seems that the latest scans weren't quite up to my usual high standards. I'm not trying to be flippant or cavalier about this but it's just the easiest way for me to deal with the latest developments.
Basically, this has to be managed like a chronic disease. The Alimta/Avastin combo appears to keep the bad sh*t at bay and that’s exactly what it has done in the past. I went off the combo back in January 2010 and just remained on the Avastin until now. So I had an 8 month holiday and now it's back to business. I tolerate the combo quite well so it's time to "man up" and get on with it. Nothing changes except the fact that I will now have to squeeze the treatments between all my travel dates. And believe me, the travels continue. Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Tel Aviv and then on to Zim at a later date. Who knows where else. Any suggestions ?
Like I said before. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why they call it the present".

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment