Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Governor called

Well, I did get the call and here is where we stand.

I talked to Dr. Schraeder yesterday and what he wants to do is look at the actual films of the PET/CT's from January and August and determine, together with his team, what exactly they see and what the course of action should be. I also talked to Dr. Sidransky this morning and he seems to think that starting up the Alimta again in conjunction with the Avastin is the best course of action right now. Dr Schraeder and Dr. Sidransky are in touch so I am sure they will come up with a good unified course of action.

I will more than likely have to go back on the Alimta and Avastin chemotherapy combination starting at the end of August. I generally tolerated this combo well and it seemed to be quite effective at keeping the bad stuff at bay. So we know it works! Overall, I had a "nice break" and now it's time to "man up" and get on with the treatment and look forward to the next "nice break".

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment