Sunday, August 8, 2010

A call from the Governor

Work with me here.

Lets say that you have this recurring dream/nightmare and that you are in prison on death row. Your execution day has arrived and you have gone through the whole "ritual" and have been strapped into the gurney with the IV attached to your arm. Now the hour approaches and all of a sudden the phone rings. It's the Governor calling with what you hope is a reprieve. This time he does indeed give you a reprieve but..........................

That's what it's like when you live from scan to scan with this awful disease. Thousands upon thousands of people deal with this reality every day. My reality is tomorrow. I have my PET/CT scan tomorrow morning followed by my treatment in the afternoon. For now, I'm living this nightmare every 3 months. Will the Governor call with a reprieve or will there be no phone call ?

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment