Monday, December 7, 2009

Chemo 9 (Round 6) and more.........

Oh joy. But I got to use my new port. No more arm wounds and macheteing. All went well. The vitals and blood work were ok. I'm just slightly anemic and there was a very small amount of protein in my urine ("piss" for my close illiterate friends). I say ignorance is bliss. My doctors weren't concerned at all and the chemo was given as planned.

And then it was off to New York to surprise Phil for her birthday. It was a dual celebration - office holiday party and low key birthday celebration. Well, the surprise worked. Hiding my face behind a dozen red roses (stolen from a blind street vendor - just kidding) I went right up to her and wished her happy birthday. All I can say is, pictures to follow. It was a great party. I met so many amazing and interesting people. Not to mention all the really nice office staff.

Happy birthday Phil.

Carpe Diem.

3 comments:

  1. Adrian
    Diana wins the tolerant wife award for 2009, your lucky she doesn't KYA.

    Bob P

    ReplyDelete
  2. She just rolled her eyes when she saw the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, Ade, you sure are the jetsetter. Where haven't you been? As I always say, and I mean it, you look like a million bucks. I especially loved hearing how you surprised Phil for her b-day--nice!! Wishing you a wonderful New Year--with good health!
    love to you and yours-
    xxx

    ReplyDelete