Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Family

I just thought I'd let you all know how Diana, Rob and Mike are doing because they are such an important part of this story and their love,care and support has been so constant! Rob has been in the midst of exams and has managed to just apply herself to the task in hand knowing that she would soon be home. She and Ade are both mad Man U supporters and they watch and debate all the games together in separate locations! He loves his 'footie' conversations with her and I know that gives him a huge lift! Mike has now finished school and last night was his Prom! I know that loads of pics were taken so I'm sure at least one of them will be posted soon! He has researched 'different' sorts of treatment for Ade and is the most incredible young man...quietly getting on with things and being a tremendous support to his Mom at home!
And then there is Diana! Diyenu, Edna or Eddie! Let me tell you that Ade is no easy customer and her patience and compassion are endless! She almost has a medical degree now and understands more than you can imagine of what this process involves and what all the tests mean! She has at times had to deal with a very difficult patient and thankfully she has tennis! Can you imagine how she wacks that ball!? There are times that are really tough for her and I know she also has to cope with work and the house and Max(lovely doggie) and a constant barrage of calls from Ade's sisters! I cannot even begin to tell you all how much we appreciate and love her!
And I simply cannot forget to mention Max. Max is glued to Ade when he's home. He lies next to him,sits with him, goes for a forest walk with him and stares at him all the time! He used to be a snarly, snappy, don't like anyone dog...or that's how it felt to me....but now he is the most mellow lovely dog in the world! And coming from me that is huge!

I will update later today!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Russ, Ade and family,
    Thank you for the updates. We follow you from far, and care for all of you.
    All our love, Tal and the Isaacsons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glad to finally get some news as to what's happening with our Adrian. Poor guy, Ade! It's not what you or any of us wanted for you, but it sounds from the reports that you are gradually on the upswing. It must've been horrible to think you could be discharged from the hospital after the surgery, and then.......you weren't. So hard. Please know that your Boston fans are keeping you in their thoughts--try to get through this rough patch as best you can. We are thinking of you often and sending you our love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Adrian and family. I am thinking about you and wish you all the best. I called Bokkie on 21st but she did not answer. Please send my birthday wishes. lots of love and kisses, Hilary

    ReplyDelete