Monday, May 25, 2009

A realization

Let me say openly and without hesitation, that if it were not for Diana, My Mom, Russ, Phil and of course the surrounding cast of family and friends, I don't think I would be here today.

The past couple of weeks has really torn the hell out of me. Russ described the events on the Blog as best she could through my eyes. The problem being was not only did I have no energy or mental capacity to do the blog I was at times simply trying to survive. I'm not trying to make this all too melodramatic but the reality was that it was a very, very trying time for all.

I have been home since this past Friday (May 22nd) and really enjoying the home cooked food (or at least, trying to). Enjoying not being woken up every hour for every test imaginable. Enjoying my own bed with Max glued to my side. Relishing sitting on the different decks taking in all the amazing views this place has to offer. My mom beckons. I have to go and sit outside now!!!

Carpe Diem.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Ade-
    Boston here. I really appreciate your posting today. It sounds like you are being tested beyond anything we, your fans, would want you to have to go through. It's shit--no question about it. The good news, though, is that you are home, where the setting alone is comforting and gives you what you need. Yes, your Buds are out here, thinking of you, writing to you, holding you in our hearts to give you courage and strength to be who you need to be in this challenging situation that's been thrust upon you. We wish we could take a portion of what you have to endure and share it so that you, dear guy, don't have to take it on yourself. Know that we are out here--we are with you. Know that we want to help you in any way we can to make this more bearable. Know that we are here, as I've said before, even though you can't see us! I think of you more than you could possibly know. I hope that helps in some small way. Be assured that there is an Adrian Suskin Fan Club that stretches across the entire map of the world! Give Max a good scratch behind both ears for me. He is a great friend to you, I know. Our dogs can be the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ade-
    Just checking in this evening to let you know I'm thinking of you. Hope you had a good night's sleep last night, and that every day you feel a bit better. And I sure hope the weather is better in Baltimore than it's been up here in Boston! It was COLD today! Take care, Ade. Sending you hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to let you know you are on my "radar screen." Heading up to bed after a long day--thinking of you!!! Sleep tight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of and praying for you.

    Greg Mabe

    ReplyDelete