Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend update

Other than the cold and ice, we have had good news this weekend. Man U beat Everton 1-0 to go 5 points up in the table. But best of all was Kukpot Charlie (alias Mike the chef) getting accepted into the University of Maryland at College Park. Yes, the same school that Rob is currently at. We are really excited for him and he is thrilled. Nice one. It has to be Diana's genes!!!

This is for Emily. If you need the following decoded or deciphered, call me (he he). Sunday morning we watched the Chelsea vs. Liverpool game. To all you Liverpool fans out there, I have 2 words for you all. Bloody lucky! Man U is still in front with a game in hand. By the way, Lampard's red card was pure bulls&%t. Never thought I would say that.

Sunday evening we watched the Super Bowl at some friends. I must admit, it was quite an entertaining game. Once again, there were some really funny ads and Springsteen was amazing at half time.

Carpe Diem.

3 comments:

  1. Adrian
    Congratulations on the college admission, you have to be thrilled.
    You are correct, its Dianas genes.

    Bob P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ade. I have to admit that I, frankly, never know what the hell you're talking about with all these teams playing games. If we were in the same room and you were telling me this stuff, I'd be smiling and nodding politely, as if you were speaking another language and I just couldn't admit, "No comprendo." I assume you're referring to soccer, am I right? Anyway, I am sports-team-challenged; I barely know who's playing in the Superbowl today! Whew! Now that I've finally 'fessed up, I want to tell you how great it is that Mike got accepted to Maryland! Nice going, Mike! A great relief, I'm sure. Please give him my congrats.

    Re: your upcoming treatment. I appreciate your filling your fans in on what the game plan is. I'm sure it helps you to know in advance what side effects you can expect. In answer to your question about the wet paint, my answer is, "NO!!!" My advice to you is that you go by this analogy: Adrian is to cold as Max is to an invisible fence. I'm sure you will learn what is manageable for you and what isn't, and then, you'll use that for your guide.

    Moose and I will send out positive vibes to wrap around you to keep you warm, snug, and strong. We know we are but two of the many, many peeps out there doing exactly the same thing. We are with you, Man!

    ReplyDelete