Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cape Town update

I may have to consider early retirement. It seems that when I'm on these long flights, I develop a case of "the runs". The Sutent only enhances this condition. So whilst I was busy in the bathroom, Diana went across to Woolworths and purchased a couple of meat pies and a buncha bananas. I was force fed like a Thaksgiving turkey. The view from our hotel balcony, eased my suffering - a beautiful promenade stretching along the magnificent waterfront; in close proximity to Main St. Seapoint, with all the shops we could wish for. Over the past few days, we have managed to catch up with a lot of our good, old friends. This was achieved during our many meals, walks and tours of little, coastal towns. The weather has been perfect, matching the beautiful sights we have seen. Seapoint, Cape Town, Muizenberg, Fish Hoek, Simonstown - who wouldn't want to live here?


The whole reason we came here was for Silvy's son, Craig's wedding. The wedding was beyond all expectations. From the synagogue service, to the reception hall, to the band, to the food, it was all superb. A great time was had by all.


Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment