Monday, December 29, 2008

***Zimbabwe assistance appeal***

The recent news about starvation and cholera in Zimbabwe has prompted so many of you to call or reach out and ask how you can help alleviate the suffering there. Sadly, because of the massive corruption and my concern that those who desperately need the aid won't receive most of it, I have not felt comfortable recommending an established relief organization. But I have told many of you how my family and I are helping and have been incredibly moved to receive checks from some of you asking me to direct your contributions in the same way.

Here is what we are doing in case others of you want to help too. As many of you know Diana and I are going to Capetown in the second week of January. We had planned to visit my hometown of Bulawayo where a good friend has been working with me to get relief and food directly to aids orphans and the hungry. Unfortunately my visit cannot happen because of the cholera outbreak and my compromised lungs. But all the funds we have received will be handled in the same way. We are incredibly grateful to our friends there for actually buying the food and delivering it directly to children and the sick who need it most. And I am so grateful to all of you who are helping in these tough economic times. Understand that 100% of all contributions will go to the above mentioned causes.

Thank you all and may God shine his good grace on Zimbabwe and its people, which have been forgotten for too long.

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment