Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas/New Years in Boca

Another Christmas/New Year holiday in Boca, or so it would seem.

Rather than give you a detailed account of our brilliant time together, I'll let the pictures do the talking for once and I will reflect on how this year has been and how much being with my family and enjoying this holiday means to me!

My "cough" actually surfaced last year before our 2007/8 reunion and Boca trip and actually my mom was the only one who noticed it! As all Moms and especially mine as she's the best...she continues to be acutely sensitive to all my ups and downs and hopefully only ups now!

That 'cough' led to MY YEAR and this blog and the cancer that I had to deal with and all the help and support and love that I experienced from you all was so overwhelming! We are now here in Boca all together in magnificent weather eating, laughing and truly enjoying being a family together. There are a few of us missing, like my two nephews Oren and Ilan, but as I was just in London it doesn't feel like we've been apart for long. My niece Lily, or Gish as I call her, was here for a few days and has now scooted off to see friends in North Carolina. Always great to be with her and niece Hannah who is still with us getting her driving skills honed by her nervous parents, bystanders and onlookers!

My guys are happy to be away from the Baltimore cold and tennis, gym and Jambas are on the menu! We are experiencing the most amazing weather and it seems like the universe is truly in tune with how we all feel and there are no clouds in this sky!

Our cousins from Canada add their blend of humour to the party as do the cousins who live here...cousin Martin,who you all met in the Vegas blog and his girls!

During the hardest part of my treatment I booked the tickets for us to come to Boca in December and to be really honest we planned it but it seemed so far away and impossible. But I made it here. Back 3 months ago as a thin beast and then 2 months ago to fish with more meat on my bones and now looking like a chunk!... I mean Hunk!

Carpe Diem.

2 comments:

  1. Ade, you left out the part about the woman in the cinema yelling at you to stop playing with your toy!

    ReplyDelete