Sunday, October 26, 2008

More weekend update

This morning, instead of me making the usual Sunday morning breakfast, Chef Mike decided to take over. He made "egg in the hole" and turkey bacon. Yes, real turkey bacon and not a shred of pig.

Then it was off to the shrine of the Home Depot. I haven't been there in a while and I felt like a reborn Tim Allen from tool time. I Picked up a few supplies and headed back to the homestead to do some chores. I didn't sever any limbs or electrocute myself so I guess that's a good sign. It felt good to do stuff around the house again. It's been a while!

Chef Mike must think that my cooking sucks so he offered to do dinner as well. I'm not too proud, so I relented. Who the hell wouldn't want there own personal chef? The menu was Singapore Street Noodles, with chicken. Another excellent meal. It was a little spicy hot for me but, then again, I'm a wuss when it comes to ring sting.

Carpe Diem.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Michael. You can be my sou-chef in December here in Boca.

    I wish I was there for your recital. I heard great stuff about it.
    I'm very proud of you!

    Sue on behalf of Jeanette :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Adrian! I've been catching up on all your news. Sounds like Mike is quite the chef and you're his beneficiary---on a regular basis! He's apparently a talented guy in the kitchen and with a violin. Impressive.

    Re: news about selling your house. First of all, I thought I'd inadvertently tapped into some online real estate ad when I saw the pics. Really nice pad! And now I can see what How had told me about the land there, and where the dogs run. I certainly can understand the plan to downsize and head to Boca.

    Glad to hear you're doing stuff around the house. The last time I asked Moose to do something for me (hang a ceramic tile saying, "Dogs Rule!"), he unwittingly hit the nail into the freon (sp?) pipe in the wall! It's not a good sign when you hear non-stop hissing after pounding a nail!
    P.S. Never did hang the damn thing!
    Moral: Make sure you know what the hell you're doing!

    ReplyDelete