Friday, January 28, 2011

And just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse

I show up at Washington Dulles Airport for my Johannesburg flight only to be told that they had cancelled it and I was rescheduled for the next night. I tried to explain how important I was and what a tight schedule I was operating on but they didn’t buy it.
 
So I got my trusty travel guy (MH) to help me out and he came through. I was re routed by him to go through Frankfurt and then on to Johannesburg. I would lose a day of the trip but at least I would be getting out of Dodge (snowy Washington).
 
So here I sit in the lounge in Frankfurt (very comfortable) but slightly miffed at what has transpired. What made this whole thing worse was that I subsequently learned that my SAA flight did indeed leave for Johannesburg a couple of hours late ! How the hell did this happen ? Who knows, but you can bet that they have not heard the end of it from me.  
 
Stay tuned.
 
Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment