Thursday, June 18, 2009

My meeting with Dennis

Let me introduce Dennis. I can now honestly say that he is a good friend of the family. The best way to describe Dennis is to have you go to this web site:


http://www.zimkids.com (NOT.ORG)


A number of years ago Dennis (along with Phil) was instrumental in setting up a sculpture competition in Zimbabwe in honor of our late Dad. He did all the leg work in Zimbabwe by travelling the country to gather info and pictures from all the prospective competitors. He did an amazing job. But what stuck out most was his honesty and dedication to our cause.


Recently, I have been working with Dennis to do my small part in helping ZimKids. Having realised that it was a logistical nightmare trying to establish an orphanage I did the best thing I could do. I accepted a position as Trustee with ZimKids. I am honored and grateful to be an intricate part of this very worthwhile cause. If you have a moment please look at our website. We are not associated with any religious organization but we do have a number of churches that collect and forward the donations to us in Zimbabwe. We are not a registered charity here in the USA as it would be cost prohibitive to set it up and we want 100% of the funds to go to the kids. We are, however, a registered charitable trust within in Zimbabwe and we even have the ability to wire funds to our account there. I know I'm repeating my self but 100% of funds collected go to helping the kids. Please look at the web site and tell me what you think by commenting on the blog or emailing me. Thanks.

http://www.zimkids.com

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment