Thursday, June 18, 2009

Home again

I'm home after a really nice break. I say this for all of us, understanding how difficult it must be for those around me. Especially Diana.

Boca was wonderful. Maybe a tad hot at times. But being completely spoilt and cared for by my Mom made it very special. Not to outdone, Phil arrived from New York. Between her and my Mom it was like being at a spa/psychotherapist 24 hours a day. Throw in a number of calls a day from Russ in London and there you have it. Wow.

Walks on the beach, massages, movies, Jumba Juices. Visiting with Cuz Martin and one of my best mates Ilan and Robin usually lifted my spirits. I'll be honest. At times it was really tough both mentally and physically.

On Wednesday June 17th Phil and I flew to New York. We did this because of course Phil had to eventually get back to work! It was great to see my nieces with a special thanks to nurse Gish. But more importantly one of the Ladies that works in her office invited us aboard her sail boat (64 ft.). It was magnificent. The next morning I was off back to Baltimore. Home at last. But more importantly, to finally meet Dennis.

Carpe Diem.

1 comment: