Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Meds and massage

What a combo. I visited with Dr. Ward (my psychiatrist) today just to chat and check on my meds. I'm still feeling a bit low even with the encouraging news but my sleeping (or lack of) has been bloody awful. It's wearing me down. The eating is going ok but it seems that it will be a while til I'm able to get back to hamster cheek stage!

As usual, the massage was awesome. It's a big help in my overall recovery and well being. I love it.

Well now that the chest tube hole has finally closed I was able to have my first swim of the season. It was great to be able to do this again.

Carpe Diem.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the not sleeping. But that's great about the swimming. The weather (FINALLY) is going to be warm and suny starting this afternoon through early next week. I personally find water very therapeutic and relaxing...and swimming in warm water helps me sleep better at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ade, don't forget that not sleeping affects so much. Hope you can get better rest, and then, I do believe your spirits will pick up. It takes time for your mind to catch up with the news. You've been through so much--you can't expect to just change when the news is good and you've been fighting so hard. Give yourself time to pull it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sleeping enough? Hey you should be used to that You used to be a proffessional non sleeping aviator not so long ago.Nice to see the blog up and running again. Hamba Gashle
    Teves

    ReplyDelete