Friday, May 1, 2009

Diana leaves for Toronto

I did manage to drive Diana to the airport with Russ in tow and by the time we got home I was exhausted and went to bed whilst Russ schlepped Mike to Bikram Yoga! And I thought I could rest…!!!

First a call from my Thoracic Surgeon Dr Krasna to say that he had spoken to one of the Oncologists I saw last week and that he was on board to operate and deliver the two nodules needed for the treatment I have elected to pursue. Then Dr. Sidransky called and explained the procedure again and as I was on my own I had to take all of this on board and prepare myself for Tuesday surgery! Russ and Mike came home with a little food but my mind was….well you can imagine!

So here I am at the beginning of a new chapter and although we have an amazing team here, New York and London I feel like I’m flying solo with no instruments and no fuel! My family are so supportive and really understand how fragile I become in these situations and I am trying to find the courage within to embark on this next stage.

I have realized that being with people is so much better for me. Mike had a girl friend over for dinner last night and sitting round the Shabbat Table together was great and I even felt quite normal.

Carpe Diem.

1 comment:

  1. Adrian

    I read the blog and many of the comments made by the people who are close to you and lend support on a continuous basis. This period of time is very tough on you and what you are experiencing is normal given the situation, I credit the support of the people who love you that you have not felt this way before. You will come through this and I am looking forward to your wit when you return to fly with us.

    Bob P

    ReplyDelete