Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The tingling!

The tingling sensation in my fingers is much more noticeable after this latest round of chemo. I'm supposed to have a heightened sensitivity to cold for 3 to 5 days after the treatment and then it goes away. When you touch something cold or your hands get could it feels like a really bad case of pins and needles. Very weird.


I'm feeling a bit more tired than usual but not unexpected. Besides, the extra rest is really cool. I had my shots yesterday and today for the white blood cell count elevation. I need these shots because the chemo knocks the crap out of my white blood cell count. So far I have not noticed any side effects from these shots. Muscle ache is a possibility as these shots get your bone marrow working overtime. This all sounds so bloody technical.


Also, for the last couple of days , my voice has been a little hoarse. It doesn't hurt but just sounds strange. Dunno where that's from!



We just finished watching Man U beat Fulham 3-0. What a fantastic game. We are now 5 points clear in the Premiership table.


Carpe Diem.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ade. Was happy to see you today on your blog! I assume that is Robin with you---a beautiful girl!

    Sounds like your chemo has enabled you to get in touch with your "sensitive" side. Hope the tingling isn't much of a problem, despite the weirdness. And, if you gotta rest more, rest more!

    Love seeing all the animals you have posted on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who is that magnificent stud with the beautivool vase?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bert,
    Good to see that you still surround yourself with beautiful people. This round of chaemo sounds like a bugger. I hope that you are coping well and I look forwad to coming to see you in 2 weeks to kife the stuff that Elkaim didn't nick when he visited. Where do you keep your stash of Levi jeans?
    See you soon Count,
    Fish Tevez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrian,
    I think we should put US Treasury on the front of the jersey as they own most of AIG now!!! Stories from your friend about the orphans help keep things in perspective. Hope you got a chance to see the US/Mexico match last Wednesday. Stay strong and stay in touch. Don't want to call and stress that wonderful snoring voice you have.
    Cheers, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. God, Ade. Half the time I don't know what your "Anonymous" friends are talking about! I'm sure you do. Thinking of you as always.

    ReplyDelete