Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Those body blows just keeping coming

This is like an ugly boxing match. Just as soon as one blow is absorbed another comes along. Last night one of the RN's that works with Dr. Erlich called to inform us that Dr. Erlich had just resigned from his Sinai Hospital practice. This was really not what we wanted to hear at this moment in time. There isn't much more information available right now, suffice to say, wherever Dr. Erlich ends up practicing, we will follow him there. I will elaborate more on this situation at the appropriate time. It's just not now.

I had my blood work done with Mary at the infusion center yesterday. The only recent good news was that all is ok with the blood counts. So for this week no more Neupogen shots. My next chemo treatment is scheduled for Monday February 16th.

Carpe Diem.

3 comments:

  1. Well that sucks. But -- as you said -- you'll just have to follow him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....the news about Dr.Erlich is certainly unfortunate. I understand you'd want to follow him, and I hope that is possible. As I've said so many times in a million different situations, "Nothing stays the same." We gotta try to roll with it as best we can. In the unfortunate event that Doc E isn't going to be nearby, keep in mind (hard as it may be to contemplate) that there is more than one good doc out there. Thinking of you, Ade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,Ade. I came around looking for you tonight on the blog. When I didn't see anything new, I closed it up, only to come back now, realizing how silly it is to "stop by" and not say "hello." Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you. Hope today was a good one.

    ReplyDelete