Friday, June 6, 2014

Chemo 4 (Round 9)

All went fine with this latest round of Alimta and Avastin. Having discussed the latest CT scan results with Dr. Schraeder we will continue this protocol every three weeks until such time as the cancer is NOT stable and spreads further. It is still showing up in my lung, liver and bones but is stable and NO new growths. I will have a PET scan in two months.

All the other consulting doctors are in agreement with the current plan and also agree that no changes be made until the Alimta and Avastin start to fail. I am comfortable with my back up plans concerning the TRIAL with Dr. Brahmer at John's Hopkins and I am also awaiting the results of the Exome genetic testing.

My blood work was fine, my blood pressure was a tad high and the urine protein was LOW (good). I have put on a couple of pounds. Just so you know.....on a good day I am 5' 8 1/2", 153 lbs with a BMI of 23. Not bad. For you metric nerds..... I am 174 m, 69.4 Kg or 10.9 Stones!

I will post the genetic test results as soon as they are available.

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment