Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chemo 23 (Round 8)

The chemo session went well. I got the Alimta and the Avastin. My weight is stable and the blood work was ok. The urine protein went up very slightly but no changes were made to my regimen for this day.

Now for the great news...I am going to be taking a chemo break until April 2nd, 2014. After discussions with my current oncologist, my 2 consultant oncologists and my radiologist consultant they have all agreed that a break would be ok. I will get rescanned on April 1st and that will determine if I can continue my break or get chemo on April 2nd.

What precipitated this request was the report about my needle biopsy that was done on December 11th, 2013. All 5 samples taken from the active area showing up on my PET scan came back cancer free. While this doesn't mean that I am totally cancer free at this time it is overall good news. So...

Definately Carpe Diem.

P.S. Can you say travel time?

No comments:

Post a Comment