Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A visit with the “Warden”

I had my port flush, bloodwork and Dr. check up today. Here is how things went:

The port flushed beautifully. Just like a brand new commode from Home Depot :-)

The bloodwork and vitals were all fine. Allow me to dispel some myths. There are no blood markers or blood tests for lung cancer. When I say all is fine it means all the standard blood stuff (white cells, red cells etc.) are normal. I have however, put on 3 more pounds. My BMI (body mass index) is slowly creeping up. I know. Stop eating like a pig !

My meeting with Dr. S went well. We have set up my next scans for September 26th and doctor’s appointment for September 28th. Depending on how the scans look a determination will be made then as to whether we need to restart chemo or continue on my well deserved break. I know what I prefer.

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment