Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Energy Maburutse

The following email was sent to me by a wonderful young man from Bulawayo, Zimbabwe who is here studying in the USA. He was introduced to me by Elinor Burkett who was instrumental in getting Energy to the USA and arranging for his electric wheelchair.

Many thanks to my company, UPS, for helping us get the donated wheelchair from California to Boca Raton. I am really proud to be a part of the UPS family.

"Having been brought up in an environment where almost everyone believes life is good the way it is and nothing can be done to better it, my dreams, wishes and hopes for my future never expanded beyond my native country borders, Zimbabwe.

I recall laughing at a friend who by the end of secondary school had already started dreaming about studying in America. I thought his dreams were similar to those of an ant dreaming of becoming the King of the jungle although it’s the smallest animal in the entire world. With the assistance of everyone around me including the UPS for shipping my wheelchair, I am here in America attending school. UPS, without you I would be stuck with no way to move around....... Thank you very much.

To me, this is a huge opportunity to open my doors of success and all this was never going to happen without your support. You have given me a fishing line for fishing in a very big pond. What’s left for me now is to bring the fish home and I promise, I will work hard to do so.

I thank for your support.

Yours always smiling
Energy."



Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment