Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mugabe and the White African

Last night I watched the documentary Mugabe and the White African. It is truly amazing how such a wonderful country has been decimated by this tyrant, Mugabe. I was so amazed and impressed at the courage, strength and resilience of the farmers and their families involved in this particular story. The same would hold true for all the other farmers and families whose farms were taken.

This documentary is a must see. I will warn you that it is upsetting and heartbreaking to watch. I was angry, sad, and frustrated at watching this family go through so much hardship. You realize how much is lost when these farms are taken over and doled out to all the political patrons and friends of Mugabe. In this particular case Mike Campbell, his family and their 500 employees lost everything.

Sadly Mike Campbell passed away a few days ago. Even though I did not know him, I offer my condolences to his family.

Help someone else to help themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment