Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cold hard facts !

Yes, I know that I'm not a statistic but these are the cold hard facts (uhm, statistics).

Survival 2008:
Despite some improvements in surgical techniques and combined therapies over the past several decades, lung cancer is one of the most lethal cancers. The five-year relative survival rate for all stages combined is about 16% in the United States. The five-year survival rate is 53% for cases detected when the disease is still localized, but only 15% of lung cancers are diagnosed at this early stage.
 
Deaths 2008:
Worldwide, lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in men. 
 
The reality is I cannot help thinking about this whenever my scans are due. My next scan is this coming Thursday morning March 3rd. 
 
Carpe Diem.

 

1 comment:

  1. And yet you are still with us. Tenacity and desire are important.
    Bob P

    ReplyDelete