Thursday, October 21, 2010

Boy did I catch crap

Here was how I told Diana how my chemo day went.

The infusion center was really hopping today. Sadly, very busy. So it took a wee bit of time to poison me. My vitals were good, I gained 2 lbs, and my blood work was sort of OK. Now I had to "splain" what sort of OK meant. All the chemo related blood work was good, however, my cholesterol related test stunk. I won't get into numbers suffice to say they were high. And I don't mean stoned. Diana was not amused (as Queen Elizabeth would say). In fact she was down right angry. I tried to make light of it by saying "well at least it won't be the cancer that kills me'. That just made her even more pissed off. Then it was subject changing time. The pharmacist who prepares our chemo drugs asked if she could interview me. She was accompanied by a really bright young pharmacy student. The interview was fun and went well. I then chatted (babbled) to two other patients next to me. Both being treated for breast cancer and for one of them, it was her first day of treatment . I remember my first day well !!! Then nurse Jen came to visit and she brought a new patient with her. She wanted me to tell the patient about my chemo port. I was glad to do it. All in all, a good day.

In the evening I went back to the infusion center to attend a forum about teaching lung cancer patients breathing techniques and good exercises to do. They also provided food for us. But guess what ? I didn't eat anything !


I guess my diet, as of late, has not been perfect. I thought Taco Bell and McDonald's were now health conscious and had cleaned up their menus. I guess not. So it's time for a diet change. I'm moving on to Arby's and Chipotle.  Just kidding ! 

Carpe Diem and pass the fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment