Monday, February 15, 2010

Bio 1 (Round 1)

For now, no more chemo. By the way, I have been on quite a few different chemos for almost the past 2 years so as you can see I'm ecstatic to be off the chemos for now. Ye ha Ole.

Things went quite smoothly again today. Once more, vitals were good, blood work was good, weight was stable and all I had, infusion wise, was the Avastin. I'm going to keep a journal, for the next short while, to see if there is noted improvement in how I feel. I hope so.

Just a short bit about Avastin. It's a cancer medicine that interferes with the growth of cancer cells by blocking the formation and growth of new blood vessels in the tumor which slows their growth. Not a chemo but a biological (whatever the hell that means).

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment