Monday, January 25, 2010

Chemo 11 (Round 6)

What a smooth session today. Even though I started late Jen was able to get me done and out in under 3 hours. I know it may not seem like much but the less time spent in infusion centers or hospitals the better. Hospitals are for sick people. My blood work was good and my vitals (blood pressure etc.) were all fine. My weight is stable.

We are going to continue with the current 3 week maintenance therapy of Alimta and Avastin and my scans will now be every 3 months. When needed, I will be able to stretch some of the treatments to 4 weeks. Again, this doesn't sound like much but it is.

I don't want to get too carried away but the past number of days have given us some pretty good news. The battle is won but the war continues.

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment