Sunday, November 8, 2009

How do I feel you ask?

Well even if you didn't ask here goes. Generally, pretty good. Like I have said a number of times, out of the 21 days between chemo treatments if I have 15 good days I'm way ahead of the game. The other days are not all terrible but there are some days that I have no energy and get tired pretty quickly. My breathing , for the most part, is OK. With all the radiation caused fibrosis and the two talc procedures, it's obviously not like it used to be. I'm doing light workouts every other day (sort of) and doing more stuff around the house. Two words that help with this recovery. Home Depot.

I still have days when I go through the "why me?" thoughts. And the answer is always the same. Who else did you have in mind? There are so many others battling this lousy disease and doing much worse than I am. So, for that I'm grateful.

I just want to say how lucky I feel to be surrounded and supported by so many good friends and wonderful family members. For this alone, I am one of the luckiest people around. I am forever in your debt.

To my flying friends (family), I cannot begin to tell you all how much I miss your company and camaraderie. Thank you for keeping in touch and keeping me in your thoughts. There isn't a day go by that I don't think of all the amazing sights and places we visited. It's been almost two years since I last flew (worked)and do I miss it? You bet.

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment