Sunday, September 13, 2009

A nice story - sort of !

At least I think so.

After the game Rob and I were standing at the entrance to White Hart Lane waiting to see if we could get a couple of pictures with some of the players as they left. We met this young brother and sister who were obviously doing the same thing as us. They started to tell and show us about all the autographs they had gotten and people they had met (i.e. Sir Alex Ferguson). Somehow during the conversation the sister, by mistake, started to mention her brothers health problems and then abruptly stopped. The brother then took over and proceeded to tell us that he had Leukemia and that he was currently undergoing chemotherapy treatment. I thought to myself, what an awful common bond I had with this unknown kid. I told him of my treatment and we high fived and wished each other well. Now for the weird twist. He told us his dad was currently in treatment for the same disease. Wow!

Cancer knows no boundaries or limits. Awful and indiscriminate with no regard for rich or poor, young or old, black or white yadda, yadda, yadda.

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment