Monday, August 24, 2009

Chemo 4 (Round 6)

Another one down and who the hell knows how many more to go! Overall, a pretty good day. My vitals were all good and so was my blood work. The chemo went fairly smoothly and best of all, "Porky the Pig" has put on 10lbs. in a month. Soon I may have to start a diet!

In the afternoon we met Dr. Sadransky (the Mouseman). He briefed us as to where we were with the MouseSkin family and generally what should be happening over the next few months. Out of the 100+ page report he explained 2 relevant and important pages to us in detail. I'll be honest with you, I still have a headache from trying to understand all of this. It's both fascinating and very, very advanced. Lets hope the results will be good. The only interesting and slightly unsettling thing was that he explained to us all drugs have a somewhat limited time of usefulness. Simply explained, the Alimta and Avastin may reach a point where they are no longer helping me. Hopefully that is when they will have the MouseSkin study and trials ready. Plus, there are lots of other options available. Anyone understand these charts? Good luck!


Carpe Diem.

3 comments:

  1. You are tougher than the cancer.

    Bob P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool blog photo. I wonder who took it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chin up, Ade. It's doing the job! Hang in there! Sounds like your b-day was a nice one! You are in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete