Monday, August 3, 2009

Chemo 3 (Round 6)

Pretty good day today. My blood work and all my vitals were good and I put on close to 5lbs. since my last chemo 3 weeks ago. I need to do a boat trip every month! Hopefully, I will have a good and smooth next 3 weeks.

One thing that's pretty cool and interesting at chemo is the strange camaraderie amongst all the patients. Usually a quick wink and a head nod amongst each other. Sometimes a brief conversation. It says it all. You have no idea what the other person is dealing with but you know you are all in a lousy and tough battle/war with these awful diseases. I don't know how else to describe this other than "pretty cool and interesting".

The other observation is about the people that accompany the patients to their treatments. Family, friends. Who knows? But all with a common interest. To keep the patient aware that they are not fighting this disease alone The love and support comes through brilliantly like a diamond. Diana is my diamond.

Carpe Diem.

5 comments:

  1. Oye! Adrian! I only know you by reputation....admittedly a sordid one. But, I must say I would have loved to have flown with you at some point. I hope to get to know you one of these days. Your sense of humor and great attitude will get you through this trial. I'm thinking of you these days and only hope the best for you and yours.

    Glenn Bowman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrian,
    I too am a cancer surviver. It was may '07 when I received the bad news, a cancerous ulcer in my stomach. Eleven months later, two 9week rounds of three different types of super potent chemo and a surgery thet took my stomach and I was back flying. Since, everything has been nothing but good news.I lost 60 lbs in the process and have regained 30 back, so now I am thiner and more handsome than ever. One thing for sure...keep your sense of humor. Keeping a good mental health is imperative; sounds like you are doing that. The "C" word is not a death sentence but rather a challenge that you WILL overcome with the right help and attitude. You will be in my prayers and hopefully we will meet sometime.
    Stay strong and f@#k cancer.

    David E. Vasquez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrian, There is a treatment called Interlukin II. That treats lung cancer through the immune system. If you need it, I hope it will help you. Good luck and God Bless. John Atkinson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your story with your extended work family. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that I have the chance to fly with you someday. I have heard nothing but great things about you, and I figure you can't be all that bad with a name like Adrian :-)

    Adrianne Farrar
    SDFZ F/O

    ReplyDelete