Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's pretty quiet

Not much going on the past couple of days. The weather has been pretty decent but even that being the case, we closed our pool for the winter season. No one was using it! The water was a bit chilly and there was no point in putting the heater on. Global warming, the $$$, yada, yada, yada.

Diana is working, Rob's at Uni and Mike is at school. So I'm eating out most days at lunch time. My appetite is still good and I seem to be slowly putting on weight. I'm not sure my current diet is the epitome of good eating but right now I need to concentrate on gaining my weight back. So what if my cholesterol kills me. Just kidding. I don't want to be premature but so far so good with the medication. Hopefully, it will stay that way.

What's coming up, you ask? Tomorrow Craig Solomon (Hylton's/Silvie's son from Cape Town) will be staying with us for a couple of days. He is coming with his fiance. It's their first visit to this area (or the USA) so we will do the touristy stuff for them. Then next week I am off to the Hamptons for a couple of days. Sounds pretentious. I will be meeting up with the London "gang". Russ, Gerry, Oren and Ilan. They are over here visiting and going to the wedding of a good friend of theirs'.

Carpe Diem.

1 comment:

  1. You closed the pool??? Shame. That's always a sad day. I think we're in for at least one more hot spell...hopefully it's when you're in the Hamptons. Glad the appetite is back. That's always a good sign. Next time I see you...SHRIMP DUMPLINGS ON ME!

    ReplyDelete