Friday, September 26, 2008

Guess where I am

In Hospital!!!

I was admitted yesterday after my appointment with Dr. Erlich. He had them do a chest xray on me and saw what he considered to be a pretty bad pneumonia on my right lung. Yes, the naughty cancer lung! I was admitted in the afternoon and by evening I was already sick of the food. Fortunately, they stopped me from eating or drinking as I had to have a CT scan later in the evening. Oh yea, they took the obligatory 4 gallons of blood and piss for testing and checked my vitals every 14 seconds. Welcome to the world of hospitals.

Diana came to visit in the evening and she brought a whole bunch of food and snacks. For later of course. I had the scan done about 9pm (pretty quick) and then had to wait for "transportation" back to the room. So what did I do? Waited til 9:30pm and then took my IV pole, and with Diana in tow, buggered off to the room. I was hungry and I wanted to watch the debate. When we got to the room the nurse just laughed and asked where the transportation bed was. I told her that I couldn't wait any longer and that Diana made me leave the transportation bed in the parking lot as she was angry about the wait as well. You know that I'm kidding about the bed in the parking lot. Right? The rest is very true. Diana was shocked and amazed at my chutzpah and guttsyness.

We watched the debate together and I ate like 3 pigs. Diana was afraid to get her hands anywhere close to my mouth. More tomorrow.

Carpe Diem.

3 comments:

  1. sorry to hear you in hospital...you can't fuck around with pneumonia...do they not stick you on a drip and oxygen etc...your eating habits are unusual..have you not got worms??
    just get better quick ...it is enough hospitals....

    stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skinman. A small speed bump in the road to the rest of your life. Looking forward to your report from back at home. First thing I check in the morning as I send off 'Pearls'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there 'skinny! Must be a drag to be back in a hospital (any hospital), but hopefully it will be a very short stay. We're rooting for you daily! Stay strong! Liam, hoser-boy.

    ReplyDelete