Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thanks

To all the faithful blog readers and, of course, everyone else, thank you.

Thanks for keeping up with my daily exploits even though not much is going on right now. The swallowing pain has been simply awful and eating has become a real chore. I can't stand carnation breakfast drinks, Ensures and Boosts. But guess what? That's all I can tolerate right now and at least it gives me the much needed calories, vitamins etc. I can't wait for the improvement to start. I am tired of writing about how painful things are. I want to start writing about that great fish dinner I had as McCormick & Shmick. Soon I hope.

This evening Rob left on her much anticipated Europe trip. I know that she was a little apprehensive about leaving me and all of us but she understands that things will improve. I know she will see the new and improved version of me when she returns in just under two weeks.

Mike still has a couple of weeks of school left. He is hoping to get a job at the tennis club this summer. Maybe he will take a friend and go visit my mom in Florida.

Diana has been incredible. My strength and support. Hopefully sometime in the not too distant future her and I can get away for a well deserved break!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Faithful Blog Writer:

    Complain away about yer' throat. We're sure it's simply awful...and then some. But your daily words, however painful to write and read, keep you top of mind. Not a day goes by that we don't think of you. And all of us would stand in line to take your pain so you could have a pain-free day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with How more, Ade. Hoping that you are beginning to experience some relief; I hate to think that the terrible pain and discomfort you've had with swallowing is not starting to ease up. Hope you can continue to maintain a positive frame of mind--we're all out here, supporting you and cheering you on. Wish we could do more......

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I went to visit the Suskins 5 weeks ago, they gave me a yellow Lance Armstrong "LIVESTRONG" yellow wrist-band. He gave one to Dean Birnbaum too. We wear these faithfully in the hope that soon the doctors will announce Adrian as cancer free. It's a strange phenomenon, but wearing this yellow band seems to keep me connected with Adrian, and I think about his progress and about this terrible disease every time I see it on my arm. I would encourge each and every one of you who reads this blog to go on the Livestrong website and make a donation. Then when you get your wrist band, wear it. It's wierd but it makes me feel like I'm part of this healing. I look forward to the day that we can all take them off. We all feel such pain and love for Adrian, Dianna, Rob and Mike. This is a small act where you can feel more involved and less helpless. Hey it works for me,
    Fish

    ReplyDelete